The housing market for Anne Arundel County, as a whole, took about a 16-percent dip from the end of November through the month of December, with 81 less units sold, according to data supplied by the Multiple Listing Service, MRIS, and its member Association(s) of REALTORS. Over that same time period, the median sale price for properties in the county was $290,000.
Even though the county's housing market recorded a decrease in sales in December, it registered an active inventory that was 79 units (or 3 percent) higher than last year. Properties that sold in Anne Arundel County during December spent an average of 69 days on market, down 17 percent from last year.
Now let's take a peek at these same December stats for some of the county's major cities.
- Units Sold – 78, down 3 percent from the 80 units sold in November
- Active Inventory – 434, slightly lower than the 428 number in December 2012
- Median Sale Price – $410,000, which represents a 17 percent increase from last year's $349,000
- Days on Market – 61, down 42 percent from last year
- Units Sold – 39, a 15 percent drop from November
- Active Inventory – 215, which is 22 units (or 11 percent) higher than last year
- Median Sale Price – $429,495, an eye-popping $101,995 more than November's median sale price of $327,500
- Days on Market – 96, a 30 percent jump from last December
- Units Sold – 37, while this number was the same as last year's, it represented a 12 percent decrease from November
- Active Inventory – 183, which is 14 units (or 8 percent) higher than last year
- Median Sale Price – $318,000, a 14 percent decrease from November and 6 percent lower than last year
- Days on Market – 64, down 42 percent versus last year
- Units Sold – 20, a slight decrease from December 2012
- Active Inventory – 146, representing a 7 percent rise from last year
- Median Sale Price – $482,500, an increase of $136,500 from December 2012
- Days on Market – 100, a 39 percent increase from last year
- Units Sold – 30, a decrease of 21 percent from November
- Active Inventory – 198, an increase of 13 percent from last year
- Median Sale Price – $370,500, an increase of 2 percent from December 2012
- Days on Market – 52, up 16 percent from last year
- Units Sold – 28, down 35 percent from November's 43
- Active Inventory – 132, compared to 99 in December 2012
- Median Sale Price – $252,850, a decrease of 9 percent (or $24,600) compared to last year
- Days on Market – 56, a 23 percent drop from December 2012
- Units Sold – 50, a decrease of 22 percent compared to December 2012
- Active Inventory – 281, a 9 percent drop from November's 309 available properties
- Median Sale Price – $249,000, 8 percent less than it was last year
- Days on Market – 60, which reflects a 38 percent decrease from last year
- Units Sold – 20, a slight dip from last year
- Active Inventory – 114, only 3 units more than December 2012
- Median Sale Price – $489,948, which is barely a change from last year, and only 2 percent less than November
- Days on Market – 72, a 23 percent decrease from last year
13 Sands Ave.
You will find extraordinary pleasure in every detail of this Bay Ridge waterfront home! Savor the spectacular sunsets over the Severn River from the glass enclosed 4-season room or paver patio. Stunning views from the gourmet kitchen with granite, gas cook top and stainless appliances. Dazzling Views from most rooms! Private lighted pier with 3 slips, fish cleaning station and 30,000 lb. lift.